Friday 22 July 2022

Some games with the Danes

So my brother is over from Denmark with is family. He and my nephew came over for a game or two. My nephew is very into Vikings and Norse Mythology so I thought we would have a go at SAGA - which would be a little challenging as I have only played it once - about 2 years ago with DK.  

My brother was the Anglo-Saxons and my nephew was the Vikings - both with 2 units of heathguard and 2 units of warriors. They set the terrain out by packing the centre of the board with marsh and woods (probably got the set up rules a bit wrong as well). We were using the Warlords kill each other scenario  

The first two turns saw a passive Viking force move up onto the hill. The Anglo-Saxons were moving forward …

The next two turns saw the berserkers attack the Saxons by the building - only for them to be repelled with significant loses. The low armour and poor saving throws weren’t helping the Vikings cause. 
The fifth turn saw my nephew to use the warlord special command to attack the Saxon by the building only for some very vicious fighting to kill both the units of heathguard and unfortunately the Viking warlord ending the scenario - a win for my brother … 
My brother seemed to get SAGA quicker than my nephew who was a little tentative with his forces - all learning curve. 

We then moved onto a more challenging game of Dungeonquest. 

This resulted in an all out win for the Dungeon! It can be a merciless but fun as the time runs out. My nephew lost the barbarian down the bottomless pit - my brother the adventurer to a a couple of traps and a death warrior … my nephew took the knight in only for him to be trapped in the dungeon with my ranger …

Morts 


No comments:

Post a Comment