Saturday 29 September 2018

What have I invested in?

Well Warhammer 40k - Kill Team!

But as usual I've tried to do it cheap - I had had a discussion with DK about investing in the game, perhaps splitting a starter box. But we didn't get any further than that. Then on my return from holiday GW were advertising a part work of 40k stuff. Issue one was cracking value 3 marines and 3 pots of paint for £1.99, so I picked up a copy - worth it for paint alone. I was planning to get issue 2 as this had a board, dice and some other stuff (plague marines and more paint), but I couldn't find it ....
Then while trawling on Lead Adventure Forum (LAF) someone put out a Space Marine Kill Team which had the 3 marines from issue 1 of the part work and 3 from issue 3 (£7.99 - but more paint) - so I set out for issue 3. A quick look on on eBay got a copy of the rules for under £20 incl P&P (could have picked up a copy cheaper in the summer ....).
So my haul for under £30!
Things to do - decide the colour scheme for the Space Wombles..... Which is harder than I thought, quite like the idea of the Raven Guard or Morticators (or something like that), but concerned about the black armour being a pain to paint.... More thought needed. 
Also planning to use Starship Trooper Mobile infantry as Imperial Guard proxies - voids duplication of similar types of minis. Probably plenty of printing of tokens which are needed as I don't have a starter set. 
And read the rules - that will be important. 
I am also tempted by a special offer on Kings of War - Vanguard. The skirmish version of the game which is half price at the moment..... Currently I have the attention span of a flippery gibit! New new .....
Haven't been in the painting grove due to back at work - but I will .....

Morts


1 comment:

  1. Cool, you’ll have to photocopy the Genestealer & Genestealer cult list for me so I can build a kill team to use.

    ReplyDelete