Thursday 18 January 2018

Army of Gondor

Today I present my first army showcase. 
This is the completed Gondor (Numenoreon) army from the Games Workshop range based on the Peter Jackson movies. 
The units are designed to be used for the Games Workshop game of Lord of the Rings, but with the cunning use of sabot basing it makes a Horde of the Things (HotT) army. The units are 12 for infantry( 6 for the Rangers) and 6 for the cavalry also making them ideal for Dragon Rampant. 

Heroes and the Cavalry
Boromirs, Denethor, Elendil, Isildur and Faramir. 
In HotT terms 3 bases of Knights and 1 of Riders. The Aragorn the King can just counted as the leader rather than a hero depending on the scenario. 

Ranged troops - not a lot more to write to be honest. 

Heavy Infantry
Spears and Blades in HotT. 

I do need to do some work on the sabot bases (grass and bits of wood/stuff) and the infantry flags require finishing off - but I needed to tidy up the painted area and I wanted to post something. 
When I can I need to get Gandalf (both Grey (2) and White - mounted) and Strider (foot and mounted) to get more options. 

A bit of rebasing of Sauron's and Gil-galad's forces is on the agenda. 

Morts


No comments:

Post a Comment