Saturday 8 April 2017

Frostgrave - the campaign begins ....

We have started a 4 game campaign for Frostgrave.
The warband entering the city are from top left clockwise; DK Elementslist (using Confrontation Dirz minis); Steedo's witch (made up of Amazons); Snake-eyes Elementalist (using a old D&D party with some thugs at the front) and finally my Chronomancer warband using figures from my Kings of War army). 
 
With 4 of us playing we set up in the corners of the board with 12 treasure tokens.
DK was very successful using the telekinesis spell to move the treasure towards him with both his apprentice and wizard. We all started using the group movement at the start of the game. 


Snake-eyes aggressively went for my warband - with his ranger killing my archer in one shot! But revenge would be mine as my apprentice killed his wizard with an elemental bolt!

As the game progressed DK picked up more treasure - killing my barbarian and thug in the process and stealing the treasure they had - git!
Steedo and Snake-eyes were fighting on the other side of the board while DK had collected 5 treasures (including the one he had stolen off me) which he was quietly moving off the board. 

Steedo was having a torrid time failing to cast spells - weakening his wizard sufficiently to be killed by one of DK's crossbow men!
Mean while my final archer was chewed up and spat out by DK's war hound - dice came up 1 - 20 ...

Below in almost the final act of the game I managed to successfully cast Elemental bolt at DK's thug carrying a piece of treasure TWICE ..... But only managed 1 point of damage thus allowing him to escape with the treasure.


The final treasure tallies were:
DK 5
Snake-eyes and Steedo with 3 each
Me with 1!

Obviously this has given DK a massive advantage on the treasure tables and resources for the next game. To add insult to injury when rolling on the injury tables - I lost 2 soldiers killed .... I believe that only one other warband permanently lost a member .....

A couple of things about the game - Steedo's dice rolling was awful, we only managed to get 2 wandering monsters out in the entire game which was a little disappointing (a wolf that was easily despatched by DK and right at the end a troll which chased the pitiful remains of my warband) and annoying as I had had to adapt the table and find loads on minis to use. The game ran longer than I thought it would but now we have played a session it should be quicker. 

Back to the city soon to Hunt for the Golem .....

Morts (not a happy wizard)







3 comments:

  1. Oh hooray for me! Got lucky with placement and some epically lucky dice �� rolling , especially as others had particularly poor rolls. Fun night with lots of highs & lows and including a special Jammy Dance �� from me! Looking forward to the next themed scenario. BTW Great work on the Table Nick!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great table Morts. Liked the game even with the randomness. Never seen Steedo roll so badly!

    Enjoyed spending my treasure this morning and ready to go for next time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll have to let me know what you have added so that I can find suitable figures.
    Making stuff isn't a major issue - storing it is!

    ReplyDelete