Sunday 12 April 2015

What has been painted now!

A painting up date. Exciting I know so hang on to your hats. Or not.

For the on going Saga of Orc's Drift.

First up the new recruits for the Linden Way Militia. 
3 Archers. Originally Garrison Archers from the Harlequin/Black Tree Design Lord of the Rings range which was released before the Peter Jackson movies. I scraped off the Tree of Gondor from their chests.

8 Spearmen
These are also from the Harlequin/Black Tree Design Lord of the Rings range - but were the Men of Anfalas. I picked these up ages ago as I liked the Dark Age/Late Roman vibe they have got for a 1000-1500 point Warhammer army .... That plan got as far as the buying stage. With most being sold off unpainted, but I kept enough for a HoTT army - which was helpful when I decided to run the Orc's Drift scenario pack. 
Now they are going to from the basis of a Retinue for Lion Rampant and hopefully enough for a Dux Bellorum force as well. If I can sort the sabot bases rambled about recently.

I will do a muster for Linden Way a little closer to the game - when we have sorted a date.
Incidentally the figures are still available from Scotia Grendal Productions in the generic fantasy range.

These 3 are some of the civilians needed for Linden Way. From left to right a Black Tree monk, a Warlord Games Celtic boy and a Mark Copplestone sculpted mediaeval lady (I think was a give away with Wargames Illustrated years ago) who I picked up at a bring & buy ... Again years ago!

The final 3 are figures which have been half painted for 2 or 3 years. A couple of Asgard/Tabletop barbarians (still available from Alternative Armies) and a Satyr by Tin Soldier (bought from a HoTT army, but could now be used for Of Gods and Mortals, Song of Blades or anything else I think of).

Thinking of Of Gods and Mortals does anyone know when Croc Games Kickstarter Demi-gods will be available? Fantastic sculpts but I didn't do the Kickstarter so am still waiting :(

Any comments about the figures appreciated - I think I should have put tattoos on the barbarians... 

Next on to the painting list ..... Whatever I want ;)



2 comments:

  1. Nice minis, looking forward the the next battle. Looks like you've been busy - your painting output is increasing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments great mate ;)
      I'm pretty pleased with how they turned out. Still more to do!

      Delete