Sunday 15 March 2015

Ashak Rise - Orc's Drift Scenario 2 ready!

Well almost ready! Finally painted and based the required extra figures needed to run the second scenario for the old 2nd edition Warhammer scenario park - Blood Bath at Orc's Drift and thought I'd do a little photo shoot of the troops to be involved and discover that 2 of the figures that have been sitting in box files for years have incomplete bases Agggghhhh! Bloody annoying! Not a major problem as we won't be getting together to play the game until 27th March, so it can and will be sorted.

First up King F'yar - painted an based!


I have to say I am pleased with this - incidently I gloss varnish (always have had the intention to Matt later but I am too lazy!) to give the figures a bit of protection from food residue from the players hands!

Next up the Severed Hand Orcs - Melee troops first with Hagar Sheol

Any passing resemblance to the Mighty Throg and the Despoiling Hobgoblins of the Darklands is inescapable!
Next the archers.

Only ever have had 8 hobgoblin archers - so there are a couple of LotR Uruk Hai scouts lurking at the back to make up the numbers.
The hobhounds and Grashak Kra (well some hobhounds, some Ral Partha hellhounds and some Standard Games armoured Rottweilers).

Next up their Dwarfish opponents!


The unfinished base belonging to Borinn Fimbul!

The rules will be the 6th Edition with the Warband amendments for small unit actions - the commanders on the night will be allowed to sort their forces out - with units being at least 3 models strong - apart from the hobhounds.  

Good news is that I have started the Linden Way Milita so still on for the end of April!
I am really looking forward to trying out the Lion Rampant rules - an excellent way for me to use the Warhammer stuff I can't part with but rarely use .... Might have to be a solo run through as I have a busy week with work! Always in the way of a good game!

No comments:

Post a Comment